CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carl Cipriano

National Level Bodybuilder

Default Carl Cipriano

What ever happen to this guy?? Maybe BDH can chime in.

Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

Still around. I have him on Facebook.
    SS
    OBSESSED is just a word the LAZY use to describe the DEDICATED.
    Russell Warren

Its called hard training. I mean f*cking hard training. Something people don't do a lot of these days.
    Chris Aceto

Good luck is the result of hard work and preparation.
    Unknown

Every time you stay out late...every time you sleep in ....every time you miss a workout...every time you don't give 100%...you make it that much easier for me to beat you.
    Unknown

Canadian Bodybuilding Champ

Ya i miss the guy,but we have to put the blame of Flexy haha.

Bodybuilder

I just caught this thread.

I believe we've all seen the last of Carl on stage. It's truly a shame, since I honestly believe he had all the tools to become a pro. Even though he started competing fairly late in life, he blew people's minds at his Level 1 and Level 2 shows. Not sure what happened at the Ontario's, since I was no longer helping with prep and posing.

In the last couple of years, Carl has had some medical issues that required surgical intervention and I don't know if he has the physical ability or drive to go through contest prep again.

I can tell you, having been involved in BB for a long time and having prepped numerous guys and girls, that Carl was one in a million. After being out of the gym for 6 months, the guy looks like he just finished a 3 hour workout. Even without gear, without supps, he still makes the average iron warrior look like those kids we make fun of.

I would give anything to see him give it one last run, even just to make it to Nationals. Sadly, never gonna happen, IMO.

Here is a brief blurb about his performance at the Northerns in 05, written by Doug Schneider...

Finally, this report wouldn't be complete without talking about who was most likely the "star" of this show -- Carl Cipriano. Carl hails from North Bay, just an hour or so from Sudbury. To say Carl was a crowd favorite is like saying Arnold Schwarzenegger was a pretty good bodybuilder. Carl was the very last competitor to step onstage and when he did he received by far the loudest response from the audience. It's easy to see why.

Carl is one of the most thickly muscled competitors I've ever seen -- I mean ever. In fact, when Carl Cipriano first emerged at a Level 1 show last year, I got a call from Ron Hache -- not only the OPA president but a professional judge, too -- to say that Carl has what it takes to be a Canadian champion. He's got the one-in-a-million genetics that so many bodybuilders dream of, but so few have. His arms, shoulders and chest are so thick that when he hits a most-muscular pose I don't doubt that he could crush his winning trophy between his pecs. When he turns around he has back thickness that's so overpowering that his lower lats actually cast a shadow over his waist! The guy is an absolute monster, the epitome of a Herculean-type physique, and he quite easily won his class. Then, he walked away with the Overall title, making him the 2005 Northern Ontario Men's Champion, to the enormous approval of the audience.

I have no idea how old Carl is, only that he's likely a fair bit older than Pamela and quite a bit younger than Valentine. I'm pretty sure that if he entered the Ontario Provincial Championships right now he'd have a good chance of winning. But, despite how good his genetics are and how great he looked at this show, I think he still has a bit of work to do in order to easily walk away with a national title -- which is something he could do if he improves just a few things. And I believe he knows this. Still, despite the fact that Carl needs to improve some -- doesn't everyone? -- he has what it takes to be a national-level champion some day, and even, perhaps, a highly competitive pro, which is no small feat since it's in the reach of so very few. In short, Carl Cipriano has what it takes, and his performance on June 11 made this year's Sudbury show another memorable one indeed.

And yes.... both Flexy and Carl still strongly dislike each other. I have a great deal of fun getting them both fired up from time to time..lol

Amateur

I could only imagine what it would feel like for him to have to give up something he was so passionate about...i miss that guy on this board.....
    Respect commands itself and can neither be given nor withheld when it is due

Bodybuilder

Oddly enough, perhaps I was wrong... Carl and I worked at the bar together last night and he said he wants to compete again... wants me to help him with prep... might not be over yet... I'll update as it comes...

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Got a pic of this guy?
    If consumer magazine claims to know what consumers want, how come they`re still a magazine?

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

A definite bonafide freak....I will never forget the first time i saw his pics.....
    Get your supplements where all top athletes/bodybuilders get their supplements......... www.Trueprotein.com (no customs/duty tax fee's at all)
    Trueprotein sponsored athlete Enter CANADABB for 5% discount

Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by Ritch View Post
    Got a pic of this guy?
    Let me dig a few up...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	21346  

Bodybuilder

A couple more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carltrophies1.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	322.5 KB 
ID:	21347   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carl 023b.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	251.5 KB 
ID:	21348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carlposedown1.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	298.8 KB 
ID:	21349   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daybefore 011.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	21350  

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast