CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
    Bodybuilder

Default GYM Equipment Public Auction

Brantford Gym Shutting down after 30 years in business, holding a public Auction May28th.

http://www.brantford.com/index.cfm?p...digest&Id=2108
    Quote Originally Posted by baza View Post
    When I start roid raging and picking fights for no reason, I know it's working.

Bodybuilder

wow... that's surprising... and too bad for them, i used to live about 4 blocks away... sounds like a good opportunity though.... thanks for the heads up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritch View Post
    So I guess you can tell others I was your first!
    My log: http://www.canadabodybuilding.com/fo...ead.php?t=8066

Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by SmallieBigs View Post
    wow... that's surprising... and too bad for them, i used to live about 4 blocks away... sounds like a good opportunity though.... thanks for the heads up!

No problem, I doont' know the owners or anything but i'm certain they'd appreciate the adverstising.
    Last edited by Ongeau; 21-04-2009 at 10:26 PM.

Bodybuilder

bump

Amateur

never trained there but i heard about it. I used to train at bodyline in the summer..

i'm definitely going to try to make it to that sale. i need some weights!

thanks for letting us know!

-jsv

Muscle Bound

Sad to see a well established long time gym close... the killer for them is overhead...

"Park Fitness offers 2 racquetball courts, 1 tennis court, 4 squash courts, a cycling room, co-ed fitness rooms, womens only fitness room and a day care centre.
    We have 55,000 Square Feet of Excitement!"

That one club is 15 times the size my gym... from a rent perspective @ a conservative $15 per square foot, the rent alone would be close to $70,000 per month... then according to the article they have a staff of 35 people based on the average person making $500 per week, the payroll would be equal to the rent... they are looking at an overhead of at least $150,000 per month and possibly as high as $200,000... with 1800 members @ $40 per month they are generating 70K per month which would just cover the rent...

There was a simmilar club in Oshawa called Platinum... they got closed down in January as a result of the same kind of crazy overhead...

Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Sad to see a well established long time gym close... the killer for them is overhead...

"Park Fitness offers 2 racquetball courts, 1 tennis court, 4 squash courts, a cycling room, co-ed fitness rooms, womens only fitness room and a day care centre.
    We have 55,000 Square Feet of Excitement!"

That one club is 15 times the size my gym... from a rent perspective @ a conservative $15 per square foot, the rent alone would be close to $70,000 per month... then according to the article they have a staff of 35 people based on the average person making $500 per week, the payroll would be equal to the rent... they are looking at an overhead of at least $150,000 per month and possibly as high as $200,000... with 1800 members @ $40 per month they are generating 70K per month which would just cover the rent...

There was a simmilar club in Oshawa called Platinum... they got closed down in January as a result of the same kind of crazy overhead...
    I thought they owned the building, and the cost of repairs and upkeep is whats killing it. Really I think they just can't compete with the athletic club that's got somewhere around 6000 members, your right tho, either way with 1800 members they might not even be covering payroll, and who knows what they've leaveraged the business against. The Rona that was attached to them for the last 10 years closed in Jan. and they might have lost that income which then, set the balls in motion.
    Last edited by Ongeau; 21-04-2009 at 09:34 PM.