CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    buildinthaskinnys

Default What is the most recognized trainer certification?

What is the most recognized training certification in canada and where can I find information about taking it? any help is greatly appreciated

Twirp

if you're talking about personal training certificate, the one I usually hear the most about is Can-Fit-Pro.
    They have a website... www.canfitpro.com

buildinthaskinnys

thanks maybe I should have been more specific in the header

Muscle Bound

Acsm

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Can fit pro is garbage. Just like the ace test. But it does answer the question of most recognized certification.
    If consumer magazine claims to know what consumers want, how come they`re still a magazine?

Twirp

it may also depend on which province you are from. I did a bit of research a few weeks ago, because I am thinking of becoming certified as well.
    It seems that BC and Alberta each have an organization that offers certification.
    I couldn't really find one for Ontario that offered as many workshop/examination dates and locations as Can-fit-pro. Some organizations also require that you have an educational background pertaining to health and training or similar.

ubcpower...ACSM is american isn't it? Do they offer cert. to canadians?...i'm interested in this as well.

Canadian Bodybuilding Champ

the best hands down is one you actually go to university/college for. not these mickey mouse companies that offer you a certificate in a weekend or a month. takes years to properly learn what one needs to learn! and even then those people dont know it all either.

dont waste your money, just tell people u are a bodybuilder. you will know more about training and nutrition then any idiot trainer under canfit pro, bcaar, asm, or the rest of the fly by night companies.

Muscle Bound

The cream of the crop is a CSCS from NSCA, internationaly recognised, bla, bla, bla.

If you just need a piece of paper to work go for CANFITPRO, it is crap but does the trick

Muscle Bound

Quote Originally Posted by physique View Post
    the best hands down is one you actually go to university/college for. not these mickey mouse companies that offer you a certificate in a weekend or a month. takes years to properly learn what one needs to learn! and even then those people dont know it all either.

dont waste your money, just tell people u are a bodybuilder. you will know more about training and nutrition then any idiot trainer under canfit pro, bcaar, asm, or the rest of the fly by night companies.
    That can be helpfull but I had a manager that didn't know who jay culler was and my last one had never heard of Paul Chek

Amateur

this is real simple

most recognized = Can fit
    most bogus = can fit

ones worth your time ASCM or NSCA. Preference going to NSCA CSCS certification. Bear in mind if you did not go to college or university for a related program you can not do the CSCS. However NSCA still offers a CPT to everyone else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast