CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amateur

Same with what I did with my old chest thread, I want to keep a record of what works for me in my threads so that I can refer back to them at any time if I try something new and it doesn't work and I forget what worked for me before! Recently dawned on me after watching a few tricep videos the reason my arms looked so small and I know I will probably get a lot of disagreements with this but it was because I wasn't targeting my lateral head enough! Sure enough, next day I target the long head with overhead rope extensions for 2 sets instead of 4 and I focus that last 2 sets on v bar pushdowns for the lateral head, really flaring my elbows out to target it better. The pump was massive and my arms looked bigger than they ever had before! I was also seeing some striations in the lateral head that I never noticed before and for once in my god forsaken life my whole tricep looked like one whole complete horseshoe! Because I focused so much time on my long head, when I flexed, my tricep had an 'uneven' slope to it, as in the long head was big but sloped downwards when it came to the lateral head. And because my arms are very thin, even though my long head was decently developed, it didn't show very well because my arms looks much better from the side because the circumference of my humerus is very small! Very excited that I learned this and that I am finally getting some good development in my triceps finally!!

-Primal

National Level Bodybuilder

If you want big tris the best exercises are close grip bench presses and dips on parallel bars with added weight. Cables exercises etc should be done after the basic compound movements when starting out.

P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    If you want big tris the best exercises are close grip bench presses and dips on parallel bars with added weight. Cables exercises etc should be done after the basic compound movements when starting out.

P
    Sorry should have specified a bit better, I go starting with 3 sets of close grip bench to start out and then focus on the long head after (the 2 sets of overhead presses) and then focus on the lateral head. So yes I'm still making sure to get the big compound movements in first before I move onto isolating!

-Primal

Also if you want to add inches to your arms...upping lean body mass is a must.

P
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Also if you want to add inches to your arms...upping lean body mass is a must.

P
    Uh, what do you mean by that? Like focusing on evey muscle group will help bring up my arms too?

-Primal

Bingo...when most young guys want big arms they start doing hundreds of sets of curls...thy would be much better off learning to squat and dead lift heavy. Increasing overall lean mass equals much bigger arms.

P

Amateur

Oh yeah of course, basic lifts first and smaller muscle groups will come up on their own or if they don't then you can focus more on the isolation exercises when your basic lifts get better! I'll never be a curl monkey!

-Primal

Muscle Bound

Not sure how precise it is, but I've been told to gain one inch of arm you have to gain ~15lbs of LBM.

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Amateur

Hmm never heard of that before, but if that's true than holy cow that's a lot of lean body mass for just an inch! I can see why people who have been lifting for long periods of time take so long to put an extra inch on their arms!

-Primal

Quote Originally Posted by TT Eric View Post
    Not sure how precise it is, but I've been told to gain one inch of arm you have to gain ~15lbs of LBM.

Eric
    Yep pretty close!

P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast