CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by Primal View Post
    Wow, I noticed that your volume is waaaay down low. But whatever works for you I guess. What do you mean that you 'trained too much' in your 20's? Did you go to the gym everyday? That's how I get my all my body parts in.
    Monday: Legs and Calves + abs
    Tuesday: Chest and Tris+ abs
    Wednesday: Shoulders and Traps
    Thursday: Back and Bi's +abs
    Friday: Calves, Forearms and abs
    Saturday: Chest and Tris (sometimes bi's too)
    Sundays: Rest

I do the same amount of volume that mentioned above on my arm day for each. Do you think I'm doing too much?

-Primal
    I did six days a week , high volume. Trained everything twice. No enough rest.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Hosehead View Post
    I did six days a week , high volume. Trained everything twice. No enough rest.
    Hmm interesting... I'm gonna try Eric's method first just to see and if that doesn't work I'm going to try a 3 day split like you're doing. Maybe I'm not getting enough rest? I know that for the past few months I've been really dragged down with school (get to school at 9:30, leave at 11 every second day). I'll try doing the 1 set routine too. You might be right, maybe I just need to hit them hard once. Thanks Hosehead!

-Primal

Muscle Bound

I've tried many ways, from high volume to high intensity, most of them work if you do it right, you'll get results, some more then others, but the one I get the better results is low volume, hard and often, hands down.

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”
    "If success makes you arrogant, you haven’t really succeeded. If failure makes you determined, you haven’t really failed...''

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TT Eric View Post
    I've tried many ways, from high volume to high intensity, most of them work if you do it right, you'll get results, some more then others, but the one I get the better results is low volume, hard and often, hands down.

Eric
    Yeah, lots of people on here really enforce the low volume but high frequency approach. I thought it would be the complete opposite to be honest but, whatever works right? I'll give all the suggestions a shot. Thanks everyone!

-Primal

National Level Bodybuilder

Depends on where you are in your training career.

P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Depends on where you are in your training career.

P
    I've been training about 1 year and a half now, 6 days on as mentioned above. Coming this August will be my 2 year.

-Primal

Heavy weights, moderate volume...build a strength base and size will naturally come. Work on getting your numbers up on the big three lifts...minimum 315lb bench for reps, 405 squat for reps, 4o5 deadlift for reps.
    3-4 sets 4 exerecises for large muscle groups, 3-4 sets 2-3 exercises for smaller muscle groups.
    P
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*

Amateur

Heavy weights, moderate volume...build a strength base and size will naturally come. Work on getting your numbers up on the big three lifts...minimum 315lb bench for reps, 405 squat for reps, 4o5 deadlift for reps.
    3-4 sets 4 exerecises for large muscle groups, 3-4 sets 2-3 exercises for smaller muscle groups.
    P
    Wow... Thanks for the blueprint Prae! Uhm, what would you say about the frequency in which I go to the gym? As mentioned above, I go 6 days out of the week. Do you think it would be detrimental if I kept going like this? Or do you think I should downgrade to a 3 day split maybe? Thanks!

-Primal

One body part per day..5 days per week...2 days off...preferably split up the days off. You will burn out quickly six days per week. ie mon-back, tuesday chest, wed off, thur-legs, fri delts, sat arms ,sun off.

P

Amateur

One body part per day..5 days per week...2 days off...preferably split up the days off. You will burn out quickly six days per week. ie mon-back, tuesday chest, wed off, thur-legs, fri delts, sat arms ,sun off.

P
    Awesome, I will start this split next week, thanks Prae!

-Primal

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast