CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Twirp

Question anastrozole (arimidex) / arimistane

Hi , I have some gyno and nolva\tamox doesn't helping
    I've readed that Arimidex is most effective for my problem , and Arimistane is kind of analog.The problem is that arimistane is a prescription drug and I cant buy it , cuz I'm only month here and I'm a tourist
    I saw , that arimistane is Androsta-3,5-Diene-7,17-Dione so it's the same as PES Erase , but one thing is a prescription drug and other is sport supplement crap without any proofs .
    Who know's are they have really same ?

(sry for my eng (: )

National Level Bodybuilder

Hi Mad,

Concerning arimistane...this is being marketed as an Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) and cortisol inhibitor.

It's a metabolite of 7-Keto DHEA. The usual dosage of 7 Keto is 100-200mg, but this is not 7 Keto, it is 7 Keto DHEA. They're different.

This from Patrick Arnold:
    "The whole family of 7-oxygenated dhea metabolites are fascinating compounds, for many reasons other than aromatase inhibition. The compound under discussion here is not a major metabolite though, and so its very unlikely you could acheive therapeutic drug levels in your body by ingesting any reasonable amount of 7-keto"

From all the research I did, it would appear as though the jury is still out on this as far as to whether or not it actually does what the marketers claim.

There were some in vitro (lab test) that show AI properties, but no studies yet as to whether or not it translates into real life.

I would to items proven to work. Once you have gyno however it will NOT go away(without surgery)...however it can be somewhat controlled by SERMS and AI's.

Nolvadex 10mg twice daily and aromasin 12.5mg or arimidex .5mg. When running a cycle of test it would be prudent to run an AI like aromasin or arimidex to prevent the conversion to estrogen from starting...once your blood levels of estro of high the AI will take time to reduce them because it doesnt scavange estrogen it only prevents th conversion of test to estrogen.

P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Muscle Bound

It's amazing the overall knowledge you have Ted, it's phenomenal.

Eric
    “Strong people make other people stronger. They don’t put them down.”

IFBB PRO

Generally guys suffer with aromatase issues for two reasons 1) they are carrying to much BF and BF increases aromatase production and 2) they cycle is far to large and should be dialed back. There are of course other issues to consider like juvenile gyno when you were an early teen, to high an androgenic cycle and so forth. There is also reason to believe that a large nipple area can be a precursor to gyno as well. Using an aromatase inhibitor can be counter productive to gains as well as health as we do need some estrogen for optimum muscle gains as well as bone health, sex drive etc so just running an AI for no other reason than to play it safe is not the smartest idea and instead keeping ones BF on the low side and not going overboard on huge cycles are two of the best ways to lower your chances of gyno.
    now accepting contest prep. applications for the 2013 contest season
    Patrick Skailes IFBB pro, CPT
    http://patrickskailes.com/index

Agreed, unless you are experiencing estro sides like gyno I would avoid running an AI off season...posted this a few times. As well BF in many individuals is too high when they start an off season program...keeping BF levels 10% or lower is ideal prior to a gaining cycle...for all hormones including estrogen, testosterone, and keeping insulin resistance low.
    P
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*

Wannabe

If one was fat ... say 25-30% BF at one point in their life but is now sub 10% and has been lean for a few years now..... would they still have a large amount of aromatase?

I would doubt it but blood work would confirm.
    P

Provincial Level Bodybuilder

Did you say run nolva with aromasin?
    It felt like a ton as it moved to my waist from the floor, but I am a bodybuilder so gave it 5 more.

If depends why...they both behave differently..one is an AI and one is a SERM. Ive seen people with nasty gyno...i mean bleeding, puss etc run aromasin with little effect...once they started nolva things got under control. An AI will take longer to reduce overall estro as it works by preventing the conversion...thus free estro will take time to be removed...nolva attaches to the receptor and works quickly by blocking the existing estro from doing its thing.
    P

Provincial Level Bodybuilder

I ran 600mg of Test Cyp EOD and 300mg of Deca, and got gyno for the first time, I always run an AI but obviously this adex i used this time was garbage. Started your suggested protocol last night.

10mg Nolva and 12.5mg aromasin.

Very early stages, small hard bump and fat deposits have become prevelant. Hoping this will help, any suggested amount of time to run this? I will post results, I am sure people will appreciate it. Maybe take a picture.
    It felt like a ton as it moved to my waist from the floor, but I am a bodybuilder so gave it 5 more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast