CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Twirp

Default Confused about WBFF Quebec placings and pro cards handed out.

I attended the WBFF Quebec show this past weekend and had a couple of friends participating. The show quality was definitely the calibre that past WBFF shows have been.

However, in none of the bikini or fitness model divisions did they have an overall winner even though there were short and tall divisions. Then, just to add on to that they awarded two of their "pro cards" in fitness model tall - with only seven competitors, and two more in male muscle model, which only had six. My question is why in divisions there there were more participants was the result different. For example, in bikini model tall there were 7 participants, but only one "pro card" given. Why?

Also, I heard through the local rumour mill yesterday that the judges actually had athletes that they were coaching on stage and were evaluating them. Would it be so difficult to find people to judge the shows who have no vested interest in the placing of their athletes? One of the girls who got the 2nd place "pro card" was apparently being coached by one of the people judging, which definitely makes it a bit fishy in my opinion.

The WBFF doesn't have a great reputation around here regardless, but seeing things like this certainly doesn't make me recommend that any of my clients or people I work with in the industry enter their shows. Any clarification on the policies and how the WBFF approaches their "pro card" criteria?

National Level Bodybuilder

Many fishy things going on with them...athletes pay a drug testing fee...no drug testing done...at some weigh ins you just tell the WBFF official your weight...no scale involved...pro cards handed out to friends or clients of judges etc...question "what is the value of a WBFF pro card?"
    P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Wannabe

Word of advice - Keep away from WBFF competitions. Only enter competitions with federations like OPA and CBBF.

Twirp

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Many fishy things going on with them...athletes pay a drug testing fee...no drug testing done...at some weigh ins you just tell the WBFF official your weight...no scale involved...pro cards handed out to friends or clients of judges etc...question "what is the value of a WBFF pro card?"
    P
    That doesn't surprise me and must be why there were only four guys competing in the bodybuilding division - one lightweight and three middleweights. And none of them got a "pro card" surprisingly. I thought they actually advocated that they don't drug test on purpose. I read a ridiculous blog by one of the head guys there basically saying drug testing is a waste of time and money so they don't bother.

I'll make sure I tell my clients and others at the gym not to bother if it is that poorly run of a federation. The unfortunate thing is you have all of these people running around claiming they are "WBFF pros", especially the women.

Amateur

A WBFF pro card is like having a nice Cheerios box...WBFF pros switch over to shows sanctioned under CBBF and the provincial associations and they can't even win their classes...the work in prepping is the same...I think sometimes they go this way as it's easier in their mind and want the status of saying they are pro...it doesn't even qualify them to go in the provincials in the provinces where you have to qualify...WBFF...cash grab....anyone...

Full Registered Users.

sounds like boxing!!! A ton of bunk federation belts in that sport also

Twirp

Funny how this was posted about two weeks ago and nobody from WBFF has bothered to comment or give any sort of update. But they have lots of time to self promote, even on the same forum. Wow, what a federation. Market yourself properly and win!

Wannabe

Has anyone actually called or E-mailed the WBFF? My bet is that no one did. Which is why you don't see any reaction.

National Level Bodybuilder

The way WBFF aproaches their pro-card is common knowledge. Paul Dillett himself has final say on placings and pro-cards and has openly admitted that in several interviews. He reviews all of his judges decisions and if he doesn't like it, he changes it. He determines who gets the pro-cards and how many. I've personally seen him down front at the finals discussing resluts with the other judges.
    Like it or not, I am glad to see a Canadian like Paul doing well with his promotion. The WBFF is getting pretty big. They have contests all over the world now. Who cares who got a pro-card and who didn't? It comes off sounding like jealousy when you read some of this. I think the majority of everyone here agrees that IFBB is the recognized pro organization and always will be. And yes a whole bunch of those who got a WBFF pro card would not make top 5 at CBBF nationals...once again, common knowledge. Now what can't be refuted is that Caitlin worked her ass of for her WBFF prep and her start to finish was one of the most dramatic prep's I've been witness to. Let her have her moment, she deserves it.

Wannabe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast