CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    National Level Bodybuilder

Default 2012 Provincials - My Wife and I - East Coast Edition!

Hi again everyone...many of you will remember our old sudbury / provincial log:

http://www.canadabodybuilding.com/sh...t=sudbury+ange

Well, here we are again, East Coast Edition. We are now 14 weeks out for what will be Ange's debut competing in the NSABBA provincials, and it will be my return after over 10 years away from competing in this province. Originally I had my goals set out on doing nationals this year, but after a little thought, I think it makes more sense to start over - requalify in my home province, and eventually make my nationals debut when the contest is a little closer to home. I also look back to our old log, and I really enjoyed the process of dialing in to a show at the same time as Ange. I honestly feel it is easier to do at the same time because you both get into the same mindset and its easier to keep on track.

We are still quite far away from the show right now, and the next month or two will really be all about transitioning into a diet / cardio / training schedule that resembles contest prep.

As for myself, I enjoyed plenty of food over the holidays, but I really didn't put on any weight. I am anywhere between 188-190 with an empty stomach in the morning. I am not as lean as the 7 week out pics from the beginning of last thread, but I am hoping by the time I hit 183 that I will be close. This will mean a 10 pound increase in 2 years which I will be ecstatic about! With that said, the goals I've set out for myself are:

1. Equal or better conditioning then my last showing.
    2. 10 or more pounds heavier on stage
    3. Win my second provincial show as senior in this higher weight class
    4. Most importantly, enjoy the process once again with my awesomely supportive wife and vice versa (be an awesome supporter for her)

Armed with a new sponsor, we both are looking forward to doing this once again.

This log will probably start out slow, as it really hasn't set in that I am actually dieting again already...but I am sure those same feelings, emotions, struggles, successes, will start flooding in in no time. In addition to provincials, we will likely be doing the Atlantics, which has always been a tradition to follow a week after the NS provincials and be a battle between the atlantic provinces. I heard this year they may be trying to add even more spice to the contest by making it a province vs. province showdown with points awarded by placing. In any case, enjoy the log! Pics / vids to follow...

IFBB PRO

So here I go again...5 months post baby #2 and in a new city. I am prepping for the 2012 spring season.

Here's my last journal from 2010:

http://www.canadabodybuilding.com/sh...t=sudbury+ange

For anyone who doesn't already know my history...I had my first baby in 2008 and the second in August of this year. I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight and am tightening up nicely. The goal is to compete in Nova Scotia Provincials, Atlantics, and then World Qualifier in April. The shows are all one week apart from each other. I am now 14 weeks out from the first show.

I live with a form of arthritis, ankolosying spondilitis, that causes me anywhere from mild pain to major inflammation in my SI joints, knees, and back. The major flare ups are unpredictable so all I can do is hope it doesn't interfere with my contest prep. In spring 2010 while prepping for Ontario provincials my knee had swollen up to the point it needed to be drained and shot full of cortisol just for temp relief. I could not even walk on that leg let alone do cardio or train legs for weeks. I stuck out the contest diet and did minimal training and still competed. My leg was slightly atrophied but I still managed to win the regional show and come second at provincials. So flare ups don't stop me but they sure make things harder!

Armed with a new sponsor Cygen Laboratories, a new baby, and a new home I am looking forward to this challenge. I will post updates with stats and pic's as things get rolling. I tend to ease into a contest diet/prep, I find it easier that way, especially after all the Holiday madness! I look forward to your input, it's time for me to get my rip on (it fits me well, lol)!

Amateur

Good luck to both of you! I'm looking forward to following this.

Provincial Level Bodybuilder

Good luck Great to be doing it together!

Awesome guys! i'll be following along for sure. It's good to know Steve that you'll always have that one bye to Nationals for winning the Ontarios that you can use whenever you want regardless of this outcome. but i'm sure you'll kill it. Watch out light-middle...Another Doucette is stepping up lol.
    2010 CBBF National Champion
    Join CanadianMuscleTeam.com for precontest and offseason coaching

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Delt King View Post
    Awesome guys! i'll be following along for sure. It's good to know Steve that you'll always have that one bye to Nationals for winning the Ontarios that you can use whenever you want regardless of this outcome. but i'm sure you'll kill it. Watch out light-middle...Another Doucette is stepping up lol.
    I think after competing in NS that bye will be up. I did a lot of contacting and found out from the president of the organizations that I could use that bye if I compete for Ontario. However, by returning to NS, I am now requalifying as a nova scotia athlete. I think that will effectively eliminate the ability to use that bye unless I move back to Ontario?! Too technical if you ask me! I understand the reasoning behind it, but just erases those last two shows in terms of moving up the ladder....No biggy - I would never have known I'd get the chance to move back East at the time!

I am not worried about that though. When I go to nationals, I want to be at the point where I am ready to WIN nationals (or lose to a freak of nature)...I want to be 176 and dry as a popcorn fart, so I still have a couple years before I hit that level. The rules are slightly different here in terms of byes since its a smaller province, but I am quite confident in being able to do a repeat performance in the middles here! (formerly known as light middle). The ultimate goal is to really improve the way I looked from last time. A win is icing on that cake (that I won't be eating until april) ....

Wannabe

As a fellow east coaster I will be definitely following along.

Any plans to do the Atlantics the following week in Moncton? I plan on attending and wouldn't mind the chance to see you compete.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution31 View Post
    As a fellow east coaster I will be definitely following along.

Any plans to do the Atlantics the following week in Moncton? I plan on attending and wouldn't mind the chance to see you compete.
    we'll both be there on stage!

Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by steve_d View Post
    we'll both be there on stage!
    I should have read the last line of your initial post and I would have got my answer. I heard this year's Atlantics is going to have a pretty intense line-up, I'm pretty excited to watch it.

I like the point vs. point system too, makes things a little more interesting, too bad New Brunswick won't have a chance since I won't be competing hahaha :P (clearly a joke).

Wannabe

Definitely will be following along. Loved the last log from you two and can't wait to see the outcome of this one!

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast