CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Muscle Bound

Quote Originally Posted by d123 View Post
    Superfats from Nutrabolics would be a great add to your diet as well
    http://www.nutrabolics.com/product-d...e.html?dpcat=8
    Yes I'm already taking CLA, I think too it's impostant! Everyday twice a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Delt King View Post
    Flax is omega 3 and you'd use this for the great fiber but as far as using it for the omega 3 benefits it won't work as it barely converts to dha and epa. You'll need fish oil softgels or liquid fish oil for this benefit.
    I will take more fish oil then I use too and will stop taking flax, I'm already using differents source for fibers!

Thanks

Eric

National Level Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by TT Eric View Post
    Thanks John for the very interesting information you provided in this post! It helped understand many things, I particularly liked the grass/natural-fed explanation, saturated fat (this is a hard one to absorb for me) and understanding more about the GDAs.

I was going to order a pound of flax for mixing in my shakes (instead of ordering it already mixed in it from TP), but from what you say, it's far as beneficial as taking Omega 3 from natural sources. But you stated that you are taking fishoil from trueprotein (for vit. D), is that mean this is an 'ok' sources of Omega 3 ? I absolutely hate fish food.

Thanks again!

Eric

The post is taken from John Meadows Mountain Dog diet...I posted this before but though it was worth repeating.

Omega 3 from fish oil is best as you don't need to convert it as you would flax...2000mg twice daily.
    Vitamin D 4000iu daily is ideal...Carlson is a decent brand.

P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

National Level Bodybuilder

Another great post by John Meadows.
    P

Concerns about Saturated Fat and Heart Disease

If you think eating some animal fat will give you heart disease due to the saturated fat, think again. We have had this beaten into our collective psyches for so long, it is very hard to yank it out. It is proven that the fat in atheroma blockages is actually upwards of 70-75% UNSATURATED (Felton et all 1994). 40% or so is polyunsaturated. When heart disease skyrocketed from 1920-1960, people actually ate less meat, but were consuming more vegetable fats (and cooking with them), such as corn oil. Oxidized polyunsaturated fats are something you SHOULD fear.

If you are really concerned about heart disease, I would pay more attention to your C-reactive protein levels, as they are a marker for inflammation. Inflammation is a response to infection or injury, or other conditions, and evidence continues to mount that atherosclerosis is initiated by some sort of inflammatory process.

The Lower the Cholesterol Levels you Have the Better?Right?

Wrong. Actually the all cause death rate is HIGHER (risk rate is 14-22% greater) in men with total cholesterol levels lower than 160 mg/dl. Cancer risk rates are also 18-23% higher in those with cholesterol levels less than 160 mg/dl. (Circulation 1992 86:3). I do want to say that the results I mentioned above were for men. If you look at the citation, the assessment for women is a bit confusing.

Is Cholesterol Bad? Shouldn't we try to lower it?

No it's not bad. Cholesterol elevation is a PROTECTIVE mechanism, not a cause. It makes no sense to try and wipe out cholesterol. If you see firemen at fires all the time, does it mean that firemen cause fires? Of course not. Causation vs. correlation.

Cholesterol has many derivatives you may recognize. Bile acids, Adrenal cortical steroid hormones, male steroid hormones, Vitamin D3 (via provitamin means), and more. Does it make sense to try and get your cholesterol to the lowest possible levels knowing this? I don't think so.

Anyways, just some thoughts I wanted to share.

Regards and Happy Holidays!
    John Meadows
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Muscle Bound

Thanks for the correction!

Eric

Twirp

Awesome info

Twirp

Honestly Bro a good MCT Oil and some Avacado and Youll be Good as Gold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12