CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
    Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Question Gemma Pea Protein

Anyone use this stuff? Sounds decent, especially when price is considered...

Trueprotein.com is marketing this Gemma protein at a very competitive price boasting its amino profile that seems to be at least on par, if not better than whey protein.

Whats the deal?
    Never give up a cabinet!!

Canadian Bodybuilding Champ

First i have to say that TP is an excellent company, have delt with them many times in the past. Great products and service...

But i can not tell a lie when it comes to Gemma.. I have a very high tolerance when it comes to taste and texture when i know that what i'm consumeing is good for me, but the Gemma was horriable beyound belief. I had ordered 16lb. (better deal at that volume) and gave away 15lb. The guy i gave it too threw it away after trying it for a few days...

In hind sight though i do wish i had kept it, the ammino acid's are really quite high and now im thinking that maybe i could of added it to my whey shake.
    Exploit the earth or die..

Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by faller View Post
    First i have to say that TP is an excellent company, have delt with them many times in the past. Great products and service...

But i can not tell a lie when it comes to Gemma.. I have a very high tolerance when it comes to taste and texture when i know that what i'm consumeing is good for me, but the Gemma was horriable beyound belief. I had ordered 16lb. (better deal at that volume) and gave away 15lb. The guy i gave it too threw it away after trying it for a few days...

In hind sight though i do wish i had kept it, the ammino acid's are really quite high and now im thinking that maybe i could of added it to my whey shake.
    Same. It's the nastiest thing I've ever but in my mouth, and I used to drink tuna shakes. Thank god I only ordered 5 pounds; and it still took me over a year to down it all.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

What was so bad about it? Was it not sweetened? The texture? Clumpy? What happened?
    Never give up a cabinet!!

The taste is indiscribable, the texture was weird. For me, if say i used 2 cups of fluid and a couple scopes of protein every batch had a different consistancy.. It would go into a jell/sludge type of consistancy which made me want to heave as soon as it got in my mouth.

I never custom made it though, maybe if you were to add some it might be different.
    Exploit the earth or die..

Wannabe

It tasted just like flour that's really sour, similar texture too. Mine had a sweetener as well as banana flavoring but neither did much to combat the nastiness. Like faller said, it's thick and sludgy and coats the inside of your mouth unless you use a ton of water.

I thought I received a rancid batch at first but it turns out that's the way it's supposed to taste.

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Sounds disgusting! If a guy can drink a tuna shake (gag, vomit...) and can`t hack the pea protein, it must be some utterly nasty shit.
    If consumer magazine claims to know what consumers want, how come they`re still a magazine?

Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by #8 View Post
    Anyone use this stuff? Sounds decent, especially when price is considered...

Trueprotein.com is marketing this Gemma protein at a very competitive price boasting its amino profile that seems to be at least on par, if not better than whey protein.

Whats the deal?
    i tryed it when it first came out i thouth it tasted pritty bad, BUT not as bad as casien or hydrolysed protein *spelling*.

Personally I think Id still pick the whey CON over it still.
    LG Sciences board rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.

I use it myself and I dont mind it at all. I have chocolate coconut flavor I think it is. Texture is similar to a casein to me, mixes well no clumping. Taste is different obviously but isnt that bad at all. Definately not sour or anything like that.
    Truenutrition.com ---> where all top athletes/bodybuilders get their supplements (no customs/duty tax fee's at all)
    5% discount code for Canadians---> CANADABB