CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Twirp

Question Ironman Leverlock Dumbbells??

Hello,

I've been in the market to buy some quicklock dumbbells. I really want the Ironmaster but they are pretty expensive and finding them in Canada is difficult.

I was then just going to bite the bullet and buy the Bowflex Select Tech as I can get them for around $325 for the 552's.

However, I was at Costco today and saw that they are selling Ironman Leverlock dumbbells for around $329 but starting Feb 1st, they have $70 off that price (I think).

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product....*4603*&topnav=

This would bring the price down to only $259!

However, it's very hard to find any reviews on these things. There are 3 or 4 on Costco.ca but I don't think they are from people who have used any other types of adjustable dumbbells before.

What are your guy's thoughts on these?

I guess if they suck, you can just return them!

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

For $259 I`d rather buy some used weights. 55lbs is not much weight.
    If consumer magazine claims to know what consumers want, how come they`re still a magazine?

Amateur

^^^agree ur not going to get much use from them 55lbs is light..
    Not worth it

kloan

I had the Nautilus version of the Selectech. I didn't really like them. They're very wide, which makes them awkward to use with some exercises. They're not expandable either, so when you get strong enough you need more weight, you're outta luck.

As Tiramisu suggested in my thread about Powerblocks, getting some olympic handles and some plates (10, 5, 2.5) is a more cost effective solution. Sure it takes a bit more time to set up the weight, but it's a better overall value.

Canadian Bodybuilding Champ

this is a way better setup....

http://www.ironmaster.com/store/Quic...Rack-pr-2.html

i have a HOIST set thats the same (I dont think they make them anymore)....not cheap, but the IRONMASTERS you can add on to 120lbs.....and now it looks like they have kettle bells as well.

"I'll wrap my dick around your neck and start you like a lawn mower"

Muscle Bound

If your looking for quick adjustable would you not be further ahead with these?

http://www.powerblock.com/

I had a set a few years back and they worked well. You can get them up to 90 or 100 p[ounds as well I believe. They drop test them as well to show that it wont **** with them, I dont believe the others would do this.
    Organized religion is like organized crime; it preys on peoples' weaknesses, generates huge profits for its operators, and is almost impossible to eradicate.

Muscle Bound

The web site says you can expand up to 130 pounds with the powerblocks.
    Organized religion is like organized crime; it preys on peoples' weaknesses, generates huge profits for its operators, and is almost impossible to eradicate.

waderow

Quote Originally Posted by turboturist View Post
    If your looking for quick adjustable would you not be further ahead with these?

http://www.powerblock.com/

I had a set a few years back and they worked well. You can get them up to 90 or 100 p[ounds as well I believe. They drop test them as well to show that it wont **** with them, I dont believe the others would do this.
    much better

kloan

The Poweblocks are great, but it costs a small fortune to upgrade them. If you don't mind the extra costs for the 90lb and 130lb addon kits, it's a great set.

From the get go, they're gonna cost you more than $259 though, and that won't get you a stand with them either.

Twirp

Thanks for the input guy! I should have maybe stated that I haven't worked out in many years. I used to hit the gym hard and was quite fit, but ever since university, wife, work, and now kid's I'm getting fat!

I'm 5 10' and 200lb's.

When I was working out hard, I was 175 with about 11% body fat. (Never did cardio expect for the sports I played at the time)

So what I'm looking for are some dumbbells where I can start getting back in shape. I think I might start doing the PX90 workout.

I'm not looking to bulk up, just drop some LB's and get rid of some of this belly fat that's accumilating if you know what I mean.

If I was really wanting to lift heavy weights, I fully understand these are not going to cut it!

I realize that 55lb's doesn't go very far once you have been working out for a while, but when you are basically starting from scratch, it is a start...

Plus, I really don't want to break the already tight bank account...

I do have a line on the new model of the Bowflex 90lb's for $650...

I guess I'm considering these because of the convenience factor. If I don't like them, they are easily returned (unlike the powerblocks or Ironmasters) plus, they are quite a bit cheaper...

Thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast