CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amateur

Default Turmeric cheap as dirt anti-estrogen.

Thought this would interest a few of you. Natural and cheap mild anti-estrogen. I can get a pound of Turmeric in the ethnic section of Superstore for a few dollars. I usually take about a tsp a day as a preventative measure. It has antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties and promotes alkalinity as well. It is a winner all around.

I originally found out about it when I thought I had a staph infection from wrestling at my MMA club. It came up as one of the natural cures.

Curcuma longa is a ginger-like plant that grows in tropical regions. The roots contain a bright yellow substance (turmeric) that contains curcumin and other curcuminoids. Turmeric has been used in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine for centuries. But it's only within the past few years that the extraordinary actions of curcumin against cancer have been scientifically documented. Among its many benefits, curcumin has at least a dozen separate ways of interfering with cancer.

Curcumin blocks estrogen mimicking chemicals

One of the things that sets curcumin apart from most other anti-cancer supplements (I3C being an exception), is that this phenolic can actually block chemicals from getting inside cells. Importantly, curcumin can interfere with pesticides that mimic estrogen. These include DDT and dioxin, two extremely toxic chemicals that contaminate America's water and food. (Dioxin is so toxic that a few ounces of it could wipe out the entire population of New York City). Curcumin has the unique ability to fit through a cellular doorway known as the aryl hydrocarbon receptor. This is a feat it shares with estrogen and estrogen-mimicking chemicals. Because it can compete for the same doorway, curcumin has the power to block access to the cell and protect against estrogen mimickers.Like estrogen, estrogen-mimicking chemicals promote the growth of breast cancer. In a study on human breast cancer cells, curcumin reversed growth caused by 17b-estradiol by 98%. DDT's growth-enhancing effects on breast cancer were blocked about 75% by curcumin.
    Two other estrogen mimickers were tested for their ability to enhance breast cancer. Chlordane and endosulfane together make breast cancer cells grow about as much as17b-estradiol. Curcumin can reverse that growth about 90%. Adding the soy phytochemical, genistein, causes a 100% growth arrest.
    Curcumin's ability to block other chemicals have been documented. It has been tested against paraquat (weed killer), nitrosamines (in cooked meat and "lunch" meats) and carbon tetrachloride (a solvent in varnish and other products). In all cases, curcumin is able to block the chemical's effect. The beneficial effects are evident in a study where mice were treated with diethylnitrosamine. All mice treated with this chemical would usually develop liver cancer. However, when treated with curcumin, the percentage of animals developing cancer went from 100% to 38%, and the number of tumors dropped by 81%.
    goodhealth.nu/News_Articl...-cancer-US.htm

known about this for years..hence why I'm so smart
    Ontario "Your's To Discover"

Amateur

anti-inflammatory = suffering gains

waderow

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo89 View Post
    could you explain this further. not disagreeing... just curious

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo89 View Post
    Maybe on paper this might be true, but in the real world I doubt it.

Too much inflammation means sore joints, tendons and increased plaque build up on the arterial walls as well. The body is a complex machine and if everything else is running smoothly a little less muscle inflammation isn't going to be problem.

National Level Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
    Maybe on paper this might be true, but in the real world I doubt it.

Too much inflammation means sore joints, tendons and increased plaque build up on the arterial walls as well. The body is a complex machine and if everything else is running smoothly a little less muscle inflammation isn't going to be problem.
    Actually its true...anti-inflammatories taken after training do inhibit muscular gains...most notably NSAIDS.
    P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

National Level Bodybuilder

Thought this would interest a few of you. Natural and cheap mild anti-estrogen. I can get a pound of Turmeric in the ethnic section of Superstore for a few dollars. I usually take about a tsp a day as a preventative measure. It has antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties and promotes alkalinity as well. It is a winner all around.

I originally found out about it when I thought I had a staph infection from wrestling at my MMA club. It came up as one of the natural cures.

http://www.goodhealth.nu/News_Articl...-cancer-US.htm
    That doesnt equate it to an AI or even a SERM.
    P
    BodyAthletica has teamed up with Canadian Protein.com!
    **Use link http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/5D9LJ57 *free shipping on orders over $99l!*
    **Visit www.bodyathletica.com and www.canadianprotein.com**

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Actually its true...anti-inflammatories taken after training do inhibit muscular gains...most notably NSAIDS.
    P
    Taking 3-4 advil after a brutal workout is different then taking a tsp or two of turmeric everyday as a preventative measure.

It is not going to be very powerful compared to a pharmaceutical obviously.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    That doesnt equate it to an AI or even a SERM.
    P
    Explain. It says it competes with estrogen and it's mimickers for certain receptors. Maybe it won't help with bitch tits but it obviously has some anti-estrogenic activity at least as far as it's role in the development of cancer.

waderow

Explain. It says it competes with estrogen and it's mimickers for certain receptors. Maybe it won't help with bitch tits but it obviously has some anti-estrogenic activity at least as far as it's role in the development of cancer.
    tricky business. if it competes and mimics, and only grabs 5% of receptors, you are still in a bind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast