CANADA BODYBUILDING - CANADIAN BODYBUILDING FORUM
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Your biceps ever sore next day?

...cause mine arent.

The last few months i've been smoking my bi's and they've definately been getting stronger, however. They arent getting much bigger and Im not getting that same level of soreness I did when I was newer to lifting and not like a good chest/back or tri workout. I can make almost any muscle on my body sore the day after, except my bi's.

Is this normal with bi's or should I be changing my workout style.

Usually when I do bi's, ill do something like this.

Standing dumbell curls, straight legs, strict form.

50 X 12
    60 X 10
    70 X 8

Preacher curl, wide grip ez curl bar

80 X 12
    100 X 10
    110 X 8
    110 X 6

Hammer curl, rope X cable.

140 X 10
    170 X 8
    200 X 6

This would be an example of what I did last night, but I do substitute in barbell curls, incline dumbell curls and hammer dumbell curls

And ill finish off with 21's of Ill rep out with a light weight to finish off with a good pump or whatever.

Am I doing good, what can I change to break the 17" mark? I've been working my bi's and tris like crazy since the beginning of the year and I just CAN NOT break 17"s. Should I be reducing weight and increasing reps or the opposite? I will admit i had pretty crappy form when I was a newb, but i concider myself pretty strict to form now, unless im doing like 80lb curls I usually cheat them up and slow them down.

Ps. Avatar is from last october, my arms measure an inch bigger now*

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianIron View Post
    ...cause mine arent.

The last few months i've been smoking my bi's and they've definately been getting stronger, however. They arent getting much bigger and Im not getting that same level of soreness I did when I was newer to lifting and not like a good chest/back or tri workout. I can make almost any muscle on my body sore the day after, except my bi's.

Is this normal with bi's or should I be changing my workout style.

Usually when I do bi's, ill do something like this.

50 X 12
    60 X 10
    70 X 8

Preacher curl, wide grip ez curl bar

80 X 12
    100 X 10
    110 X 8
    110 X 6

Hammer curl, rope X cable.

140 X 10
    170 X 8
    200 X 6

This would be an example of what I did last night, but I do substitute in barbell curls, incline dumbell curls and hammer dumbell curls

And ill finish off with 21's of Ill rep out with a light weight to finish off with a good pump or whatever.

Am I doing good, what can I change to break the 17" mark? I've been working my bi's and tris like crazy since the beginning of the year and I just CAN NOT break 17"s. Should I be reducing weight and increasing reps or the opposite? I will admit i had pretty crappy form when I was a newb, but i concider myself pretty strict to form now, unless im doing like 80lb curls I usually cheat them up and slow them down.

Ps. Avatar is from last october, my arms measure an inch bigger now*
    first off, you need to eat to grow arms, and unless you are hitting them 2x per week, thats not a lot of work you are doing for bis, and what do you couple them up with??
    Get your supplements where all top athletes/bodybuilders get their supplements......... www.Trueprotein.com (no customs/duty tax fee's at all)
    Trueprotein sponsored athlete Enter CANADABB for 5% discount

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianIron View Post

50 X 12
    60 X 10
    70 X 8

what can I change to break the 17" mark?
    i dont buy it

Powerlifting Competitor

Quote Originally Posted by legaliz3 View Post
    i dont buy it
    glad im not the only one thinking that

waderow

Quote Originally Posted by legaliz3 View Post
    i dont buy it
    me neither hahaha

Bodybuilder

Seriously, you single arm curl 70lbs+ with strict form and dont have 17" arms yet? Must be a lack of food then.

Banned

Well im flattered, I dont really care if you believe me though. I just would like to know what you guys do for size.

I eat a lot, usually 4000-5000 cals/day 160-200g whey protein and 100-150 meat and dairy protein etc. Im definately looking to improve the quality of my diet though, i down a lot of protein but I admit im bad about complex carbs and good fats etc. Im alergic to wheat, eggs and a few other things so it makes my diet difficult. Hense the "anyone know of any good sites" in the food section.

I work bi's twice a week minimum and last night I worked them after shoulders. A lot of the time I'll do them alone or before legs. I used to work them after back when they were warm, but I prefer to nail them when they're fresh and full of energy.
    Last edited by CanadianIron; 31-08-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ironwill View Post
    first off, you need to eat to grow arms, and unless you are hitting them 2x per week, thats not a lot of work you are doing for bis, and what do you couple them up with??
    What would you recommend for a good number of sets during a bi workout?

I usually try to do 1 narrow grib exercise, 1 widegrip, 1 medium and 1 hammer grip, usually 3-4 sets per.... should I be doing more working sets? ie. 4-5 sets per exercise?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Danger View Post
    Seriously, you single arm curl 70lbs+ with strict form and dont have 17" arms yet? Must be a lack of food then.
    Not saying anyone here does it, but I dont e-stat and measure my arms when they're pumped and i dont use a slacked tape. I measure them in the evening and measure them honestly so I can actually keep track of them.

Last Feb when I did a test e cycle they were measuring 17 for a few weeks, but they came back down during PCT. They're stuck at around 16.5-16.75 right now. Left is bigger than right by an 1/8".

Canada Bodybuilding VIP

Eat more, put on 20 pounds of body mass, plenty of compound lifting (squats, deads, bench, rows) and stop overtraining your arms with volume. Instead treat them like you would any other body part and progressively increase the weight.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast